Putting your Educational Technology Degree to Work
Students who graduate with a Master’s degree in Educational Technology from the University of Kansas in Overland Park will prepare for positions that the US Bureau of Labor Statistics estimate will grow much faster than the average, partly because of the dramatic increase in online course enrollment. The 2009 Sloan Report shows currently at a 13 percent annual growth rate. All program graduates typically assume positions in PK-12 schools, higher education, government and corporate industries as leaders in integrating, designing and/or administrating educational technology.
Students who aspire to careers in the Integration of Technology with their Master’s degree in Educational Technology in Overland Park are likely to pursue careers with titles similar to the following:
- Online educator OR training specialist
- Curriculum designer OR educational technology instructor/professor/teacher
Students who aspire to careers in the Design of Educational Technology often start the program with expertise or an interest in developing programming and other technical skills used in developing educational technology. They are then eligible for a wide variety of positions as:
- Instructional designers/coordinators/system analysts OR courseware developers/media producers
- Distance or online education specialists OR educational technology consultants
- Information/educational assessment specialists
Students who aspire to careers in the Administration of Educational Technology will prepare for positions such as:
- Director of instructional development OR director of online learning
- Virtual school administrator or director of continuing education
- Director of corporate training or educational technology coordinator
Begin the application process today and take that next step in your career as an educator.