With a busy work schedule and family obligations, I needed a program tailored to my lifestyle. KU’s MAcc program at the Edwards Campus was a perfect fit. Support from the School of Business is incredible!
Prerequisite Accounting Coursework:
These courses must be taken prior to starting Edwards Campus coursework:
- Introductory or Fundamentals of Financial Accounting* (ACCT 200 or equivalent)
- Introductory or Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting* (ACCT 201 or equivalent)
For students without an undergraduate degree in accounting, these courses can be taken at the Edwards Campus in a two-semester sequence. Each course is offered once per academic year, and courses are sequential. As a result, students must start in the fall with BBA 610: Intermediate (Financial) Accounting I.
- BBA 610: Intermediate (Financial) Accounting I – Fall semester
- BBA 620: Intermediate (Financial) Accounting II – Spring semester
- BBA 630: Foundations of Taxation – Fall semester
- BBA 640: Principles of Auditing -- Spring semester
Prerequisite Business Coursework:
- Business Law
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
Download a comprehensive listing of prerequisites for students with non-accounting undergraduate degrees.