Earn a relevant degree — take the first step to become a physical therapist, or launch a career in commercial or private health and fitness centers, hospital exercise and cardiac rehabilitation programs and corporate fitness centers.
- Employment of exercise physiologists is projected to grow 19 percent from now to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. As people become more aware of sports-related injuries at a young age, demand for athletic trainers is expected to increase, most significantly in colleges, universities and youth leagues (The Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014).
- This program allows you to complete all pre-requisites for physical therapy school at KU Medical Center just by completing the bachelor in exercise science degree.
Balance your high school experience with the convenience of earning college credit from JCCC.
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- JCCC College Now
- JCCC Quick Step
Lower your student debt through affordable tuition, paid internships and earlier graduation.
- Graduating in 3 years allows you to begin your career or enter professional school early. The median salary for physical therapists is $79,860 (The Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014).
Find internships and employment opportunities with Kansas City organizations, hospitals, corporate wellness centers and professional schools.
- Career support and resources from the KU University Career Center.
“I'm really excited to have the exercise science program at the Edwards campus. Having classes closer to home makes it much easier for me and the small class sizes make it a unique and more personal experience which is great.”
Exercise Science Student