Students must first apply to the University and are typically admitted on an ongoing basis at the Edwards Campus. They must then complete an additional application to the School of Education in their first semester of enrollment.
- Apply to the University of Kansas as a transfer student.
- Email the program advisor or call (913) 897-8522 about your interest in becoming a transfer for the exercise science program.
Former KU students not currently enrolled at KU:
- Complete an application for readmission to the University.
Priority Application Deadlines:
- Fall: February 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: May 1
Admission to Exercise Science Degree Program
All candidates must meet minimum requirements for admission. Criteria for admission includes a minimum cumulative and exercise science admission GPA of 2.75 and 25 completed hours.
Steps and Dates
|Applications Available Online||Applications Due||Notification of Decision||Beginning Semester|
|July 1, 2017||September 14, 2017||Mid-October||Spring 2018 semester|
|December 1, 2017||February 1, 2018||Mid-March||Fall 2018 semester|
All materials must be received by the deadline. No late applications will be accepted.
- You may apply to the Exercise Science program twice a year.
- The candidate's cumulative and exercise science admission GPA must be at least 2.75.
- Please respond to all questions and submit the materials to the School of Education via the appropriate online application.
- You will be able to make changes to your application but you must submit your application prior to the deadline. After midnight on the date materials are due you will be locked out of the system.
- You may request a copy of your DPR form from the program advisor.
- If the courses you have taken from another institution do not appear on your DPR form, you should request that transcripts be sent directly to the KU Office of Admissions. Send electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or paper transcripts to KU Office of Admissions, 1502 Iowa St., Lawrence, KS 66045.