Application for admission to the graduate program in applied statistics and analytics is through the Department of Biostatistics at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Spring: January 1
Summer: May 1
Fall: August 1
The following materials are required to be considered for admission:
- A completed online application form
- Official transcript(s) bearing the official seal from each college or university in which course work had been taken
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Evidence of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Official transcripts can be sent directly to:
Office of the Registrar
University of Kansas Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Blvd., Mail Stop 4029
Kansas City, KS 66160
For admission into the graduate program in applied statistics and analytics, the applicant must meet the general requirements for admission to the Office of Graduate Studies.
The minimum requirements for admission into the graduate program are:
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better is required for regular admission status. An applicant with an undergraduate GPA not meeting the minimum requirements may be admitted under provisional status, provided they meet the academic standards of the department without excessive deficiencies in prerequisites.
- B average (or higher) in Calculus I – II (i.e., single variable differentiation and integration or equivalent); Calculus III (i.e., multivariable) preferred.
- Successful completion of a course in any computer programming language.
An applicant meeting the minimum requirements for admission is referred to the Admissions Committee for approval or disapproval. Approval for admission is good for up to 12 months from the approved date for admission.