KU Online Project Management Master's Degree & Certificate and On-campus Programs in Kansas City
Download your project management program guide Download guide
What is project management?
Project management involves leading cross-functional teams to deliver successful projects. A project manager’s responsibilities include:
- Creating clear and attainable project objectives
- Developing project requirements
- Planning project tasks to meet the objectives
- Managing complex, interdependent project activities to meet the cost, time, quality and client satisfaction objectives
- Managing change on the project
- Leading the project team and managing project stakeholders
What industries need project managers?
Project management is a broadly applicable skill set, increasingly desired in a wide variety of industries such as business, engineering, health care, information technology, military, science, construction, marketing and event planning.
Is project management graduate education right for you?
KU’s online project management graduate programs and on-campus programs in Kansas City help existing project managers, or those who desire to become a project manager or program manager, learn how to successfully lead any project, from a simple, short-duration project to a multi-year highly complex project.
What on-campus and online project management masters and certificate programs are available at KU?
You can pursue project management graduate education through several paths with KU. See the choices below, and download the program guides for more information. Each guide shows you the program’s curriculum, career paths, admissions information, tuition and more.
- Online Master of Science in Project Management
- In-person Master of Science in Project Management
- In-person Master of Engineering in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Master's of Project Management (MS or ME) in Leavenworth
Find out which graduate project management program is right for you. Learn more
Why a KU project management degree or certificate?
Gain essential leadership skills and tools to manage the key issues of cost, time, quality and client satisfaction with a world-renowned, flexible and useful education.
- Choose course formats that work for you
- Fully online asychronous
- In-person Overland Park or Leavenworth, KS
- In-person courses are also recorded and available via live-stream
- Globally recognized KU degree
- Credentialed, experienced faculty
- Each instructor has >20 years industry experience
- KU is one of 34 members of AAU
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Discuss your real-world projects in class
- Course follow the PMI PMBOK™
Get more information about KU's project management programs Learn more