My KU Edwards Experience
Leadership Opportunities on Campus
As a student at KU Edwards, your leadership development is important to us. We believe in helping you grow as a leader in the areas of teamwork, innovation, and advocacy. With four unique clubs to choose from, there is sure to be an option to fit your personal and professional goals.
- Student Advisory Council - Do you want to have a voice on campus? Interested in planning events for fellow students? Come join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Veterans Network - Veterans, this is the group for you! Meet other veterans at KUEC and participate in/help plan veteran-centered events! Email email@example.com for more info.
- Social Work Club - Calling all social work students! Come work on volunteer projects and plan events with other students in your program. Get plugged in today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Cabinet - Join KUEC faculty and staff to discuss and work on various projects on campus related to diversity and inclusion. Email Kristen.email@example.com for more info.
Kristen Barrickkristen.firstname.lastname@example.org 913-897-8532 Regents Center 220 Suite Student Engagement Coordinator
Summer 2020 KU Edwards Advantage Opportunities
Tech TuesdaysDate: Every Tuesday - 12:30pm Location: Zoom Description: Need a refresher on Microsoft office? Want to learn how to use Adobe Suites? In today’s day and age, technology has never been so important. Join us for this weekly series on how to better use your technology. RSVP HERE!
Link and Learn - Communicating for Inclusion: Constructing Workplaces that Welcome Difference.
Link & Learns are complimentary one-hour sessions where you can gain practical workplace communication strategies, backed up by the latest organizational communication and management research.
August 20, 2020 - 11:00am via Zoom
Fall 2020 KU Edwards Advantage Opportunities
Welcome to the CommunityDate: August 24 - 27 Location: KUEC & Zoom Description: Welcome to campus! We want to welcome you back by connecting you with businesses and professional organizations in the area! Stop by campus for a free bag of goodies or join us via zoom to connect with your community. Register Now - Under Construction
Understanding Blackness in the Workplace: a Panel ConversationDate: Thursday, September 3 Location: Zoom Description: Join us for an introduction covering topics such as intersectionality, privilege, and implicit bias within organizations. Next, engage in a panel conversation with individuals about blackness in the workplace and what it means to be a black professional in Kansas City right now. Lastly, learn about resources and action items you can take part in to learn more or dig deeper into this conversation.. RSVP HERE!
9 Ways to Make Networking Feel NormalDate: Tuesday, September 8 & Wednesday, September 9 Location: Zoom Description: Register Now - Under Construction
Constitution Day & Voter RegistrationDate: Monday, September 14 - Thursday, September 17 Location: Zoom Description: Register Now - Under Construction
HomecomingDate: Monday, September 28 - Thursday, October 1 Location: Zoom Description: Register Now - Under Construction
Hispanic Heritage Month CelebrationDate: Thursday, October 8 Location: Zoom Description: RSVP HERE!
Resumes that Get Results!Date: Monday, October 12 - Thursday, October 15 Location: Zoom Description: Schedule a one on one appointment with the KU Career center to get your resume edited. Plus join us for a special workshop on editing your resume to its' full potential. Register Now - Under Construction
Student Appreciation WeekDate: Monday, October 19 - Thursday, October 22 Location: Zoom & Driving Campaign Description: We appreciate you! As we approach the end of the semester, we want to remind you that you can do anything. Sign up here for a special gift from KUEC! Register Now - Under Construction
TEdX:KUEdwardsDate: Thursday, November 5:30 -8:00PM - Location: Zoom Description: Under Construction Register Now - Under Construction
Pre-Finals WeekDate: Monday, November 30 - Thursday, December 4 - Location: Zoom Description: Under Construction Register Now - Under Construction
The KU Edwards Campus has a procedure for minors on campus. Please take a few moments to review - Unattended Children. Below is a list of childcare options within the Lawrence and Overland Park communities. Please note that any resources for childcare listed on this page are not endorsed by the University of Kansas. The University holds no responsibility for any actions of third parties listed. If you have suggestions for resources in the Overland Park area or near KU Edwards Campus, please feel free to provide information by emailing email@example.com
- Care.com- provides in-home and out-of-home care for children of all ages as well as adult or senior care. Care.com allows you to post a job and review profiles of candidates. All caregivers are interviewed, reference checked, and complete a background check - Care.com.
- Hilltop Child Development Center (Lawrence) - Hilltop Child Development Center.
- Nounou Neighbors - specializes in finding and vetting babysitters. Users can post jobs and review profiles of candidates. All sitters are interviewed, trained and undergo a background check. - Nounou Neighbors.