Why a Biotechnology degree?
Earn a degree relevant to many thriving science industries such as medical, food science, environmental, nutritional, agriculture as well as pharmaceutical and animal health.
- KU is the only school in Kansas and the greater Kansas City area that offers this in-demand degree.
- Each course is specifically designed to draw upon students’ knowledge to solve real-world problems.
Balance your high school experience with the convenience of earning college credit from JCCC.
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- JCCC College Now
- JCCC Quick Step
Lower your student debt through affordable tuition, paid internships, and earlier graduation.
- Graduating in 3 years allows you to begin your career or enter professional school early. In Kansas City, there are 200 companies generating $1.8 billion to the economy, setting the stage for an in-demand career. (Kansas City Area Development Council)
- Students enrolled in KU’s biotechnology program are eligible for the Johnson County Education & Research Triangle Scholarship.
Find internships and employment opportunities with Kansas City organizations, from large companies to entrepreneurial startups.
- Career support and resources from the KU University Career Center.
This program is funded by the Education and Research Triangle initiative.